Thursday, July 31, 2014

Listening to my body

So this morning at 5am I made the executive decision to have a rest day. My body is tired my mind is tired and I just needed some rest and I honestly feel really good for it :) this isn't a stop and giving up its that for 8 weeks I have been pushing my body hard and it just needed some tlc. 

I am hoping this rest will enable me to come back hard in these last 4 weeks. 
I simply wasn't able to put the intensity in or mentally fight through the pain. I tried refocusing etc but nothing worked. So perhaps some time out will :) 

I was a little worried I was over training a bit. My body can certainly handle it but if my body tells me to give it a rest then I need to. 

Tomorrow morning I will do my 5km road run then my leg session. My legs will be tired after my run but I have only done legs once this week and I am only able to do cardio before the gym so it is what it is :) I will just give it all I can :)

I'm feeling more motivated and focused today which is great and doesn't normally happen on a rest day. Normally I feel like I'm letting myself down but rest and sleep are just as important as diet and exercise in the weightloss battle. Understanding this and working with it not against it makes a world of difference mentally. 

So official weigh in for the end of week 8 was 79.4kg. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment