Friday, August 1, 2014

Well the rest day was so worth it

After feeling a little frustrated last night at my decision to have a rest dayi woke up this morning and killed in my training. 

I did my 5.5km road run in 43mins I them went to the gym and did a heavy weight session on my legs. 

I also weighed in at 78.7kg!
That now takes me to 20kg lost since the day Zach was born on the 17th march. 
7.9kg lost in 8 weeks on this challenge. 3.7lg till my goal of 75kg for this challenge and 13.7kg till my ultimate goal of 65kg! 

I have also decided to change my training schedule to do one session of heavy weights and one session of high intensity super sets on upper body and lower body. Add in Mondays PT session and them I only have 1 more session to make up so I think I will add a whole abs session. This will ensure my muscle are getting adequate rest. 

I mentioned I changed my diet a little well I added in 3-4dates soaked over night in 50ml almond milk to my morning smoothy and I have also added pink salmon to my lunch time omelette. It's not much but I was always so so hungry so I just think I needed a little more fuel. Losing almost 1kg a week would signify my calorie deficit is enough :) couples with workouts and muscle recovery I'm thinking I have a good balance. It makes my calories back around 1500-1600 a day but I'm clearly meeting it and using it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment