Saturday, June 28, 2014

Rest day

This week's rest day is really needed. I've had a cold for a week but it picked up again over night. Really dark yellow/green mucus both in the nose and on the chest. Yuk! 
I even managed to have a well ended nap whilst Blake and Zach were sleeping. 
I've woken up feeling a little better but still not good. Hopefully by tomorrow I will have picked up a bit. It's only a cold not the flu so fine to keep training.

I have my first PT session at 8:30 tomorrow morning which I'm really excited about. I really hope they push me hard. I will assess what type if session it is and if I will do more after. It's only a 30min session so I might either do weights or cardio after depending on what the bulk of the session was. 

I've also been doing a bit more reading on training programs of fitness models/competitors. I doubt I would ever get to competing or anything but I'm looking to be toned to that degree. 
Training wise i am going to change to a 20min HIIT warm up of 1min sprint 1min walk 
Then I will do my weights 
Then do 30mins of low intensity cardio. 
They say to to the cardio am and weights PM but my life doesn't allow for that so I'm just modifying it and I will see how it goes. 
I'm going to start driving to the gym and doing the cardio there so I can increase my intensity. The jog I was doing to the gym just isn't pushing my body hard enough or for long enough. My running fitness has improved so much it was only taking about 7mins to jog there. 

Weights wise I'm going to change the weight and reps. We are always taught that it's 12reps etc but after my reading to really build muscle week 1-4 u should do heavy enough weights to do 8-12reps repeat 3 times. If u can do more than 12 the weight is too light if u can't do 8 then it's too heavy. Week 5-8 should be 6-8reps 3times and weeks 9-12 should be 4-6 reaps 3 times. I was doing weights heavy enough to reach muscle failure at 12reps and doing that 3 times so that was good but now I'm in week 5 I need to increase the weight to lower those reps. 

Diet wise I am going to drop to 1400cal. I'm not losing the weight I would like to. I want to push it to a definitely 1 kg a week. 

The other good thing was I went for a run on the Treadmil at the gym yesterday the big Treadmil at the gym felt like it was running for me a bit lol but after my 2min warm up I ran for 18mins 8-10km/hr.  Normally after a 10km/hr sprint i have to walk for a bit but not Saturday. It felt really good. I did 2.77km in 20mins. Getting so close to that 3km mark. 

I know rest days are so important but in definitely looking forward to gettig stuck into the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment