Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Diet and macronutrients


So diet is something that I have been trying to improve over the last 4 weeks.
In the past I have fallen into the trap of eat less u will lose weight! 

I have been doing lots and lots of reading over the past 12months and as I want this to be a lifestyle change I needed to learn how best to fuel my body to get the optimum performance from it. 

I am following Amanda from over at http://dailydosefitness.com.au her macronutrients calculations to work out my requirements. After this I sat down wrote down a meal plan typed all ingredients into myfitnesspal to workout calories and macronutrients. 

So my total calorie intake is 1600 a day. Based off ths I did this calculation 

From here entering it into myfitnesspal 

So looking at these numbers I am hitting pretty close to the mark with them.

For protein aim was 133g I'm getting 128g
Carbs aim was 136.5g I'm getting 151g 
Fat aim 51.8g and I'm getting 46g

I was going to add an extra protein shake in the afternoons but it takes my daily protein up to 38% but nutritionists recommend staying 15-25%. As I'm doing heavy weights 5 times a week taking to muscle failure the extra protein should be being used up. I'm sitting it the correct margin for the macronutrients calculations so that's the main thing. If I find my recovery starts to slip I might add it in to help the muscles build and recover. Also hunger if I get hungry in the afternoon I might add in even 1/2 a serve.

Tomorrow i do my end 4 week measurements so it will be interesting to see how I am going. As I said in finding my muscle recovery great and so is my energy etc so I think I am doing pretty well with the diet thing. Will just depend if I do actually lose weight on this. I am building muscle so the scales aren't really moving at the moment! It's frustrating but I know muscle is denser than fat so I should be losing cm even though the scales say I'm not losing anything. 

Motivation is pretty good at the moment. 
I'm getting a little stressed thinking perhaps I'm not doing enough to reach where I would like to by the end of the 12weeks. With only 8weeks to go that seems like such a small amount of time. This being said tiredness is letting the negative thought in today. 
One of the biggest challenges i face is I have 3 little boys under 3 so when they are all sick like they are at the money they all wake multiple times at night. This meant last night I only got around 2 hours sleep. After 1am I got none. At 5:15am I climbed back into my warm bed only to have my alarm go off at 5:40am. :( it was freezing this morning so gettig out of bed was hard but I pushed myself to do it. It was absolutely freezing running to the gym as the breeze dropped the temp even more. 

This being so I ran faster and when I got there I put all my weights up! Looking in the mirror though all I saw was fat. All I could see was how far I had to go not how far I have come!  It's the tiredness speaking but days like today are hard those negative thoughts creep in.  

Just need to put my head down stick to the plan and tomorrow is a new day. 






No comments:

Post a Comment