Wednesday, December 18, 2013

One of those fail days

Yep today is one of those write off days. 
Food wise I did well all morning basically until dinner although I did so a lot of picking at food today. No matter what I ate I was still hungry. 
B got called into work at my mums fish and chip shop which is fine the money is needed but means I miss my exercise today. 
Then Blakey woke up with conjunctivitis. He has had a slight cold all week but obviously managed to rub snot into his eyes. Explains the continual screaming the last couple of days. Having him wake in an absolutely horrible state this afternoon meant dinner as fast and easy as possible. Ended up being chicken bacon and mushroom carbonara pasta :( I only had a plate the same as Tyler but still cream and cheese and nothing healthy. 

Its times like this being prepared is the key. Sure I can cook them that pasta because they both loved it and scoffed it down but perhaps having something precut or frozen for me will take that time out to prep a 2nd meal. 
This is the kind of thing I want to learn and get used to doing over the next 3-4months. Can I precook a meal of brown rice, steamed greens and chicken and have it frozen? Will it thaw ok? Is there another way I can prepare? 

I really want this and I know I can do it I just have to take lesions as they come and learn from them and find a way to adapt because I am a mum first and foremost but that doesn't mean I need to neglect myself too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment