Saturday, October 25, 2014

Finally starting to feel myself

So the last couple of weeks have been really hard. 
I knew I had a cold thing when I did the triathlon. I thought it had passed but for what the last 3 weeks since then I had been completely exhausted. I would go to the gym and sit on the weight machines and stare into space, I couldn't run 3km. I had to lay down and rest on the couch every afternoon as I was too tired, my house was a mess, nothing was getting done. At first I thought maybe I'm depressed? Lost my mojo? It was very abnormal for me. On Monday I woke up feeling like I had energy. I went to the gym and ran 6km and I actually just felt good. So I'm thinking I was just sick with a lingering cold/flu. It was not nice. 
I weighed in a 75.4kg this morning so no damage done in tbe weight department but not the best start to the 12wc. No biggy though gettig back up and keeping going is what builds character. It will also help me suceed. I could easily go oh well and give up but where will that get me? Annoyed that a gave up and that's about it. 
This morning I did my first road ride as run since the tri. I did 16km on the bike and 6km run. I probably could have pushed harder but first really big day back after a light 3 weeks and after being sick I didn't want to push it too much and get an injury. 

Was extremely exciting on Friday I had a gift voucher my husband had given me for Mother's Day that I had been holding onto waiting until I had lost some weight. After getting frustrated that all my clothes were either too big or really haggered looking as they are from 5-6years ago well I decided it was time to go shopping.

I was a 16-18 the day Zach was born and although my 14's here at home were too big I still wasn't sure I would fit 12's. 
I took all 12&14's into the change rooms and well all the 12's fit nicely and the 14's were too big. I couldn't believe it. Then I went to another store and grabbed a heap of size 12 singlets. I had already had to return a 14from that shop as it was too big. Well the 12's are actually too big. I could have taken them back but as we have decided to start trying for no4 in January and won't be telling anyone till after the gender scan I figure that they will cover a 14week baby welly well. 

So yes that very big news from our camp. I'm nervous and excited. 4 is a big number. We did always want 4 but as this is our last I would love a daughter. 
So we have started the sway. It may not work and if it doesn't that's ok we would love another little boy too but we are going to give it everything we can to perhaps help get us our little princess. 

The girl diet is very high in calcium and magnesium. I am taking supplements but also increasing dairy. Oh how my body hates dairy. 

Exercise wise it's lots of cardio and minimum weights. I'm still doing weights but I've toned it down a bit. Building muscle increases ur testosterone. It's not much but they say it can affect it. I'm doing weight to still tone and maintain my current muscle but no heavy weights to build it. 

Lots and lots going on really. I receive the email to confirm I am the January 2015 body blitz winner so will appear in the January edition of women's health and fitness magazine :) that's exciting too. 

It does feel good to feel like myself again and get back into pushing myself when exercising. It really does make u feel amazing :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment