Saturday, April 12, 2014

A minor set back

So my weight seems to have stalled here at 89.2kg which is pretty good for post baby weight loss. 

Earlier this week I realised I was struggling. I honestly thought I had PND. Zach was feeding 2hourly around the clock and I was exhausted. I really didn't know how I was going to keep going. 

I broke down at Zach's CHN appt on the Wednesday. I was a mess. We had a good chat and decided I should try an iron supplement. I had tried a tablet one but all I did was make me constipated and hurt Zach's tummy. 

She suggested a liquid one. Well I picked up some spatone on the way home it said gentle on the stomach and gently absorbed. Well within an hour of taking it my mind started to feel clearer. I didn't click it was the iron until a day or 2 later. Omg I can't believe the difference. I must have been low on iron for so long. 
I feel like I am in control of my life again. I'm still not getting any sleep but I am not daunted by the whole prospect of life. I'm not yelling at the kids or B for no reason. I've done house work, cooked, cleaned, done washing, played with the kids etc. I can function again. 

But yeah even though I am feeling better both physically and mentally I am trying to give my body some time to bounce back. 

I did some basic core strengthening exercises yoga kind of stuff whilst playing building blocks with Tyler this morning. Oh yeah I have a lot of muscle to build. 

I had a chat to B about getting an hour a day to work out. I am simply not finding time. Its hard when Tyler doesn't nap and at this point I have nothing set up in Blake's room to tell me if he wakes whilst I am working out. I don't want him stuck in his room crying. 

Both Blake and Zach are down for a sleep now and have been for a couple of hours but Tyler is having time out watching tv but I don't want to leave him unsupervised in the house while i work out in the garage. Although the house is baby proofed when he knows I'm not in the house like out at the clothes line he does all those thing he knows he isn't allowed to do.

I'm sure I will figure it out eventually but I do have to say I am tired of feeling so flabby all the time. Yuk! 2 more weeks and my body should be healed enough to start doing some decent exercise I just have to work out how! 

No comments:

Post a Comment