Sunday, September 28, 2014

Busy little bee and WINNER!

So I have been a bit slack on here but things have just been so busy I've had my head down bum up and workin away. 

Things have been going great exercise wise. Diet well I'm still snacking too much. I haven't been organised enough due to slacking off just that little bit so I haven't had the required food. Breakfast lunch and dinner are great but I had no healthy snacks partly because I forgot them last weeks shopping. I have them now after today's shop though. Only problem was maltesers were on special. Those little malt balls of goodness are pure evil lol. 

I am still hoping to weigh in 1kg down this week. I ende up restarting this 12weeks. After Zach got sick then the other 2 boys and having a whole week of a max 1-2hours sleep at night I was searching for empty calories during the day. I actually went back up to 76kg :( I'm back down to 75.4 now but that's how easy it happens. 

Training wise things are good. I have my first mini tri this weekend :) I know I can do each distance easily. It's only short. 300m swim/ 9km ride / 3km run.

Now I have been doing these distances a lot over the last couple of weeks. 300m swim takes around 6 minutes, the 9km ride about 18mins and the 3km run i can do in just under 17minutes. But this is all separately. 
The swim I have trained to use mostly arm to ensure my legs aren't too tired. But it's the jelly feeling after the ride that gets u. I do have some big hills here that I do on my rode run which adds to the jelliness. This is the same course i did in 2008 so I know there aren't any hills so hopefully this reduces that feeling. 

I went out for my road ride and run on Sunday. Well it was kinda a mega fail day. I just couldn't get my body moving. I did keep pushing though. I think there were 2 big issues. Firstly I was on AF and I think my iron drops dramatically so I have started taking a supplement twice a day. Also te heat. I went just slightly later than normal and the spring heat is already setting in. I'm used to running at 5-6. This was 6:30-7:30 and it was HOT! My body is definitely not used to it and it hit me hard! 
I really have to hydrate this week. My race doesn't even start until 9am so it's likely to be 25 degrees and the sun has a kicker bite even at that time of day. 

I am a bit nervous about it all. It's been a very long time since I have done it and I'm doing it alone. No one I know is interested in this stuff. It's ok though. I will feel so good once I'm doing :)

Oh and I Nearly forgot haha not sure how but I was contacted by the magazine a couple of weeks ago and I am a monthly winner :) the lady said they are thinking of publishing my story in the December edition. I will update more details when I know. 

So the habit of exercise has well and truly set in. Most days are a blurry haze of busy activity. I missed a day last week as Zach had not slept. He screamed ALL night and I ended up getting him to bed at 5:30am. Although I didn't get to go to sleep myself there was no way I was pushing my body to go to the gym. I did how ever feel it. I just feel so much more energetic and motivated when I go to the gym or even just my road run and ride. Getting that done in the morning is a fantastic start to the day.

After a few months it really does just become habit and a way of life. Now to control my sweet snacking and I will be doing really well! :) 

I have settled in with the working but too. Most days I do 3-4hours of book work. I'm hoping to get it down to 2-3days only. It's hard working from home as u do always have ur little ones to attend to and if they are a little off they want lots of cuddles. It's a double edge knife really as working from home means I can spend more time with the kids and they spend less time at day care but it also means work takes me 4 times as long due to constant interruptions if I had a few solid hours a few days a week it would be so much more productive. The fact that I can do work now without them trying to touch my computer is a great start :) I'm sure once Zach gets Mobile that will change. 

I've also had a change of diet. Probably why the weight isn't coming off as quick as I would like. Hubby and I are going to start trying for no4 in January and we are doing a girl sway. If it's a boy we will be happy of course but this is our last and a girl would be lovely. A girl diet though involves lots of dairy for calcium. My body doesn't like dairy at all. :( but I'm doing it until we are UTD! 

I will go through my new diet and exercise plan next blog :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment